Mar 20, 2019
The Master of Science in Health Leadership provides interdisciplinary preparation for students pursuing a career in leadership of health or human services organizations. The program includes theoretical and experiential learning opportunities. Core courses provide a sound foundation in health and organizational leadership, with electives providing an opportunity to meet individualized learning needs based on career goals.
Graduates of this program will acquire knowledge and skill in:
- Transforming health and human services systems at the macro and micro-system levels.
- The art and science of leadership of health or human services organizations.
- Capacity building of communities and organizations.
- Ethical, legal, and regulatory aspects of leadership practice in health and human services.
- Research utilization in health and human services.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with a cumulative GPA of 3.00.
- A completed graduate application, including:
- Official copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts.
- At least 3 credits of undergraduate statistics or research.
- Resume which includes education, employment, scholarship, and service.
- One or two page statement of academic and career goals.
- Two letters of reference, preferably from educators or employers.
- International students must complete the international application for student admission, including all items listed above as well as:
- A score of 580 or better on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for applicants whose native language is not English, or a grade of “B” or better for at least one year of English composition or its equivalent in an accredited U.S. college or university.
- Evidence of financial support.
Full admission—all admission requirements have been completed successfully.
Provisional admission—student’s fie is missing certain admission requirements. Students may take two graduate courses while fulfilling admission requirements.
Degree Requirements (32-33 credits)
Health Science Core (17-18 credits required)
Organizational Leadership Electives
(12 credits required, with at least one course from each of the following categories. HS 680: Special Topics, or other graduate courses, may be used to meet elective requirements as appropriate to categories with permission of the Program Coordinator.)
Capstone (3 credits required)