2011-2012 Undergraduate Academic Catalog | Expires Aug. 2018 THIS CATALOG IS ARCHIVED. BE SURE YOU ARE ACCESSING THE MOST ACCURATE CATALOG FOR YOU.
Health Science Major (B.S.)
This interdisciplinary major provides preparation for students interested in a career in the health field. Students seeking preparation in nursing, occupational therapy, or medical technology can major in those clinical practice professions at SVSU. The Health Science degree is designed to meet the needs of students with one or more of the following characteristics:
- Students planning to enter the SVSU M.S.O.T. program.
- Students who are graduates of associate degree health technician/assistant programs.
- Students employed in health or human services, and seeking a related bachelor’s degree.
- Students interested in a health or human services career, but uncertain about options.
- Students leaving one health or human services career option, and looking for another.
- Students interested in a career in aging services.
Core courses and Health electives provide a sound foundation in health and human services, with additional electives and minors providing an opportunity to meet individualized learning needs based on career goals.
Graduates of associate degree health programs with at least 40 credits in their discipline, of which at least 25 credits are didactic, will be granted up to 40 credits of technical elective credits for courses in their discipline. The field experience will be waived for those with 3 or more credits of clinical credits in their associate degree.